Position: Food and Nutrition Manager
Organization: Golden Dawn Senior Citizens Home (http://goldendawn.ca/)
Location: Golden Dawn Senior Citizens Home, Lion's Head, Ontario
Golden Dawn Senior Citizens Home is a private, non-profit 45-bed long-term care home, licensed by the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care. Golden Dawn is committed to providing residents with the highest standards of care in a home-like environment. Golden Dawn offers rewarding work in the growing and ever-evolving sector of long-term care.
Golden Dawn is located in the village of Lion's Head on the beautiful Bruce Peninsula, steps away from the crystal blue waters of Georgian Bay. The Bruce Peninsula is part of the Niagara Escarpment, globally recognized for its stunning natural beauty as a UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve. With two national parks and world-class hiking at your door step, the Bruce Peninsula provides an ideal landscape and a vibrant community to live, work and play!
The Food and Nutrition Manager oversees and manages the organization of the Food and Nutrition department to provide high quality and nutritious meals and positive dining experiences to residents, with an emphasis on their individual needs.
- Develop menus that meet dietary standards and ensure meals are prepared accordingly;
- Provide residents with a quality dining experience and evaluate and enhance as needed;
- Chair the Residents' Food Committee and support residents' and family council;
- Complete Resident Nutritional Assessments and other required documentation;
- Monitor all procedures for resident meal service to ensure the required standards are maintained ;
- Implement and maintain the activities of the Quality Improvement audit schedule;
- Work collaboratively with the registered dietitian to meet the clinical dietetic needs;
- Ensure that all dietary functions are performed in a safe manner;
- Conduct food inventory and coordinate the purchase of food, supplies and equipment required;
- Comply with the approved operational budget for the department;
- Hire all dietary staff, and plan and implement orientation, staff training and in-service education;
- Monitor and evaluate employee performance;
- Ensure all MOHLTC and Public Health requirements are met;
- Serve as an active member of Golden Dawn's management team;
- Contribute to a home-like environment for residents and maintain the values of Golden Dawn.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Diploma in Food and Nutrition Management from a recognized program;
- Membership to the Canadian Society of Nutrition Management and Ontario Society of Nutritional Managers;
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a long-term care home or health care setting;
- Current provincial Safe Food Handling Certificate;
- Knowledge of basic therapeutic nutrition as it relates to the needs of the Long-Term Care population;
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of clinical documentation;
- Interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Time management skills with ability to prioritize and multitask;
- The ability to be flexible and willing to respond to the needs of others.
- Supervised by: Administrator
- Supervises: All dietary staff
- Primarily office work
- Working hours (24 - 35 hours per week, occasional evening and weekend work)
- Permanent, non-union
Cover letters and resumes can be submitted by e-mail to Barbara Sterling, Administrator, at email@example.com. Please reference “Food & Nutrition Manager” in the subject line.
Golden Dawn welcomes applications from persons of diverse backgrounds and is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Golden Dawn’s Accommodation policy. Applicants, please make your needs known in advance. We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be notified.
As a condition of employment, all applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. A Criminal Record Search, with a vulnerable sector screen and satisfactory results will be required.